Finding a reliable and secure web hosting is one of the primary tasks you need to do if you want your WordPress website to have an authentic and assured online presence. However, searching for a suitable web host can be quite tricky as there is a wide range of web hosting service providers out there.
Novice website developers often make the mistake of purchasing the cheapest web hosting services or something that is a part of their domain name purchase package. However, these forms of errors can cost you and your website a lot. Therefore, it is essential to find a web hosting service provider that is both within your budget and provides you with a secure digital presence.
At present, Hostgator is the best web hosting service provider in the market. It is also the oldest one, which is a marker of its reliability. And the best part is that it is economical. If you purchase it’s “Baby Plan” that comes for only $3.95 per month, you will get to add an unlimited number of domains, “One-click WordPress Installs,” WordPress or cPanel transfer for free and unmetered bandwidth.
Besides that, you will also get a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate and a domain for free. Consequently, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a new web hosting service each time you open a new website.
However, you would be surprised to know that most of the Hostgator Baby Plan subscribers are unaware that they can add multiple domains into their account. Consequently, they end up purchasing separate Hostgator plans for different websites.
How to add multiple websites in your Hostgator account?
Before going through the procedure for using the add-on domains feature of Hostgator, you must remember that the referred feature is available in the “Baby” and “Business” shared web hosting plan. Subscribers of the “Hatchling Plan” cannot avail of this feature.
- To get started, log in to your Hostgator control panel (cPanel) and select the “Addon Domains” option from the “Domains” section.
- You will land yourself in the “Create an Addon Domain” page where you have to enter the details of the domain you want to add.
- Under the “New Domain Name” section, enter the name of your domain. Then enter your “Subdomain,” and under the “Document Root” section, you need to enter the root of the website name you intend to add.
- If you want to manage and upload files on your website and get access to all of its security-related features, you need to check the “Create an FTP account associated with this Addon Domain” option.
- Now, you will see three additional boxes on your screen related to your File Transfer Protocol (FTP) username and password. Enter your username and password. You can choose a password yourself, or you can use a password suggested by the password generator under the control panel (cPanel).
- Once you have filled up all the details, press the “Add Domain” button, and your new domain will be added successfully.
- To redirect the add-on website names to your primary website name, you can avail of Hostgator’s “Addon Domain Redirection” feature. All you need to do is enter the name of your main domain and press “Save.”
The add-on domain feature of Hostgator is also relevant in other domain extensions such as .info, .org, etc. that you have purchased to maintain your brand name. And you can use the procedure mentioned above in the case of other web hosting service providers as well, provided, they offer a standard control panel (cPanel).
As far as Hostgator’s services are concerned, you must subscribe to its shared web hosting plans if you are serious about your website’s online presence. It is convenient to set up, and the customer service is excellent. You can contact the service providers whenever you want and even get your money back within the first 45 days if you are not satisfied with their services.