Most of us who engage in online shopping or businesses are aware of PayPal, the online payment service. Some of us even have an account in PayPal, which we use to engage in online transactions, especially international transactions. If you are a blogger or freelancer or involved in any business, you must have a PayPal account for making international transactions.
Some facts about PayPal
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is one of the most popular online payment service providers. Founded in 1998 as Confinity, its main objective is to promote digital transactions as an alternative for traditional paper method transactions.
The American company launched the earliest version of PayPal in 1999. However, it was made available to the public only in the year 2002. The same year it became a subsidiary of eBay, and today it is one of the most valued companies in terms of revenue. It is especially notable for its widespread access and buyer protection policies. If you make payments using your PayPal account, you do not need to worry about the security of your bank account.
Importance of PayPal account for Bloggers or Freelancers
For bloggers or Freelancers, creating a PayPal account becomes all the more critical. It is because most of the SEO tools, high-quality plugins and other professional services are from other countries. To purchase them or receive money from them as your affiliate income, you need to use Credit or Debit card.
If you live in India, you would know that most banks do not allow you to make online transactions with Debit cards. And if you use your Credit cards for making international transactions, you may end up making your account vulnerable to online frauds and scams. To avoid all these hassles and security issues, you must create a PayPal account. It is effortless to use. Also, it provides top-class protection tools to secure your hard-earned money from online fraudsters and scammers.
Problems of Automatic Billing and Role of PayPal Billing Agreement
When you register with a domain using your Credit Card or PayPal account, you get into a “Billing Agreement” with that domain. This agreement authorises the service provider to exact money from your PayPal account from periodically at the end of your subscription. This feature of the deal has both pros and cons:
- It is hassle-free. You do not have to make an effort to make a payment each time your subscription ends.
- It is sensible, especially in case of those domains which you do not want to lose.
- It ensures that there is no service disruption from the domain in case your subscription ends.
- The domain keeps changing your hard-earned money even when you do not want their services.
- The domains can make the mistake of overcharging you. And you cannot afford such a mistake as it would rob you of your hard-earned money.
However, you can avoid all the risks concerning automatic payment by knowing some simple steps of cancelling the PayPal Billing Agreement or subscription.
How to cancel PayPal Automatic Recurring Payment?
To cancel the PayPal automatic recurring subscription of a particular domain, you first need to login to your PayPal account.
Via Mobile App
If you are accessing your account from the PayPal app, you need to follow the following steps:
- Open the app and tap on the option called “More”. You will find it at the end of your home screen.
- Now, select the option “Manage your subscriptions and more”. You will find yourself on a page containing all of your plans and subscriptions.
- Tap on the plan or subscription of the domain you do not wish to continue.
- Tap on the option called “Cancel payments” and then select “Cancel Subscriptions”.
- Now, press “Remove” to remove the payment technique against the concerned domain subscription. The domain would no longer be able to charge you at the end of your subscription.
Via PC or Laptop
If you are accessing your account from your PC or Laptop, you need to follow the following steps:
- To login into your account, go to www.paypal.com.
- Once you have logged in, press on the tab that reads “Profile”.
- A page would appear where you will find many options on the left side of the screen. Select “My money”, and you will see many options on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the “Update” link before the “My pre-approved payment option”.
- A page would appear where you can filter your subscriptions based on four options- Active, Suspended, Completed and Cancelled.
- Click on the “Active” option to get the list of current subscriptions whose payments you have pre-approved from PayPal.
- Click on the domain subscription name you wish to cancel. You will find yourself on a page that contains all your billing details. It will also show you the amount of money you have allowed the domain to charge.
- You will also find a “Cancel” link before the active status of the subscription. You need to select that link and a pop-up asking for your confirmation would appear.
- Press the “Yes” button if you wish to cancel the subscription. Once you have done it, the domain will no longer be able to exact money from your account.
To cancel the subscription of multiple service providers, you need to follow the same procedure for each of your accounts. Just do it and save your hard-earned money from potential wastage.