Social media these days is a jubilant place that is used by almost every other person around us. Facebook among all other kinds of social media platforms is the most-liked and appreciated place where people spend most of their time.
Facebook is a place with millions of users which makes it the widely known platform. With such a huge number of users, there is also a lot of sharing and posting that goes hand in hand. All these people are required to share some of their private details such as date of birth, personal photos, username, email, phone number, etc. Though every detail is not made public but still there are major privacy concerns. These days there are high probabilities of accounts being hacked and used for malpractices.
There is a higher threat of sharing personal details on such a platform than using these platforms for recreational purposes. There are some alternatives and solutions to such problems. One of the ways is to download the entire data as a source for social backup in such cases.
To know how can we download the Facebook data for the social backup one needs to follow the below-mentioned steps. Much before discussing how to back up the account, we should know what does the term backup means?
What does backing up the account means?
Backing up the social media account broadly means keeping a copy of your social media account with the personal details with you in case the account gets deleted by some instance. This backup lets you keep all your important data with yourself.
Some of the important data that Facebook can backup is:
- The profile pictures and all the videos
- All the post, messages and the chat history
- The friend’s names and emails.
Now that we know what all is included when you backup your Facebook account so let us explore how to do the same.
How can you backup your Facebook account?
The process for backing up the Facebook account is no rocket science. It is a fairly simple process where certain steps need to be followed precisely. These steps are mentioned as follows:
- First of all, log in to your Facebook account through the Facebook webpage by filling in the email/phone number and your password.
- Go to the top right icon and click on the “Account settings”.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click “download a copy of your Facebook data”
- Once you are done with these steps, for the next step click “Start my archive”
- After this, Facebook will start storing all the essential information in an archive and will let the users know once this is done so that you can visit the page again.
- When the archive gets ready to be downloaded, you can download it in no time by filling in the password.
- Check the download section to explore the copy of your data.
The time that the data takes to download the information depends entirely on the size of the file created through the archive. At times it can take as much as 30 minutes to get done with the entire process.
It is highly recommended by the experts to always keep your data backed up in the cases of emergency or some accidental happenings. It is always better to stay on the safer side rather than to regret later. Facebook is one of the platforms that is mostly eyed upon by the stalwarts to steal personal information for all the wrong reasons.