Affiliate marketing is one of the many ways you can employ to make money from home. All you need to do is enroll in a service provider’s affiliate program and promote its products. Each time a customer purchases from the affiliate link you shared, your wallet will receive commission money. Although it demands a lot of time, patience, and labor, if you are a blogger, you do not need to worry. You already have the most economical setup for Affiliate marketing.
It doesn’t matter if your blog is in the nascent stage or is not getting much traffic. You can still earn a lot from Affiliate Marketing. All you need to do is take the first step, and for that, ShareASale is the perfect marketplace.
What is ShareASale Affiliate Marketplace and how does it operate?
Based in Chicago, USA, ShareASale is one of the most popular affiliate marketplaces. Started in 2000, it was one of the first affiliate marketplaces. It is comfortable to navigate and completely hassle-free. Even the payment service is convenient.
You can find a wide range of products at ShareASale. There are more than 3900 Affiliate programs classified into 40 categories. Its collection of ad types is especially remarkable. There are pop-ups, widgets, texts, and banners. Furthermore, anyone can sign up for free and start selling products.
Affiliate Marketing Terminology
Before creating an account on ShareASale, you must know the meaning of the following terms as a preparatory exercise. As you enter into the world of Affiliate Marketing, you will encounter these words more frequently. Therefore, you must make yourself familiar with these terms.
- “Affiliate Marketers”: Affiliate Marketers refers to people who join an Affiliate program and recommend the products of the concerned software providers in their blogs or whatever content they create. For each purchase that the customers make from the product referral, Affiliate Marketers receive commission money. Here, we are dealing with how to become an affiliate marketer.
- “Merchants”: It refers to people who have their products to sell. Merchants can be owners of a business, software creators, bloggers, or only sellers. They roll out different affiliate programs to attract affiliates to reach a wide range of customers. As the affiliate marketers promote their products, they pay a fixed commission to the affiliate marketers. As a merchant, you need to pay $650 to set up your affiliate program in ShareASale.
- “Affiliate Software”: It refers to self-hosted platforms or services like ShareASale that allows that hosts various affiliate programs.
- “Affiliate Marketplace”: It is a marketplace where the interaction between marketers or merchants and affiliate marketers occurs. Marketers host affiliate programs while affiliates marketers join various affiliate programs.
How to create an account on ShareASale?
To create an account on ShareASale, you first need to go to the ShareASale website. At the top-right of the homepage, you would find the option called “Affiliate Sign Up.” Click on it, and you will find yourself on the sign-up page.
- In the sign-up form, you need to fill up all the required fields like your username, password, and country. Once you have completed the form, click on the “Move on to step 2” option at the bottom right.
- On the next page, you have to submit your website URL and other related details. Having a website is mandatory for creating an account on ShareASale. If you don’t have a website, please create one before heading for a ShareASale account. Your website will decide the fate of your application for an affiliate program. Also, do refrain from sharing the link of a non-working website. The concerned merchant would surely visit your website before approving your application.
- After providing all the details regarding your website, click on “Move on to step 3”. On the next page, you have to share your email address. To rationalize the approval process, submit an email address to which your website’s domain is linked.
- The next step is to fill up your contact details name, address, city, state, country, etc. Complete all the fields and give a short and crisp website description. Once you have filled up all the details, move to the last stage of this application process.
- Select your payment method. ShareASale provides a variety of payment options, even direct deposits, and checks. You can also choose to decide your payment method later by selecting the option “Choose later..”. Press on the “Complete Sign Up” button, and ShareASale will send you an email containing the “Confirmation link.” Click on that link to confirm your account.
ShareASale is an excellent place to start your journey of affiliate marketing. Moreover, its age gives validity to its reliability. However, it would help if you take the job of affiliate marketing seriously when you decide to enter ShareASale.
It is because if your account balance remains below $25, ShareASale may delete your account. Therefore, when you plan to join ShareASale, be ready for hard work. It may be easy to enter ShareASale, but it is equally challenging to stay here.